You’re a health-conscious go-getter...
You take great pride in the work that you do, taking care to fill your body with healthy foods that fuel your drive. And whether it be yoga, workouts at the gym or training for your next race, you don't miss a beat!
But it’s a struggle to get it all done. You’re not sleeping well, your sugar cravings are out of control, and your gut is a hot mess.
And despite trying all the conventional remedies, they aren’t working, and you just feel so UNWELL. It's puzzling, confusing and you're frustrated!
Well, my friend, you aren’t alone!
I'm both a professional Program Manager, and a Certified Holistic Health Coach. That means I help highly skilled technologists execute complex projects, by breaking down large initiatives into small, achievable tasks, creating an action plan and providing support to make it happen.
I also help smart, savvy women who suffer from chronic stress, fatigue and burnout, breakthrough their healthy blind spots and find practical solutions through natural healing with whole foods and by making lifestyle and environmental changes.
Why? Because I'm on the front lines. I see the good, the bad and the ugly of the working world. I know what it's like to achieve the highest of innovations, but I've also seen the toll it takes when you're striving to reach your goals, but the bar is dynamic and constantly moving higher with every achievement. You can read more of my story here.
Like you, I was following the “rules”, and it wasn’t working. I was exasperated; thought I was doing "everything" right. I was training for marathons and cut out gluten and dairy, but as I’ve learned, everything that I had been taught “being healthy" was incomplete.
There’s so much more to health than diet and exercise.
So after almost 20 years of working in the tech world...
I went back to school and became qualified as a health coach. I learned how the human body actually works, what real food is and how to approach health from a bigger perspective, not just what the media markets to the masses. I’ve learned to look beyond the obvious; to put my detective hat on and uncover the root causes of what may be causing health problems.
Certification + Trainings:
- Integrative Nutrition Health Coach Certification, The Institute of Integrative Nutrition
- Digestive Intensive Certificate of Completion, Holistic Nutrition Labs
- Full Body Systems Certificate of Completion, Holistic Nutrition Labs
- Balanced Bites Masterclass Practitioner's Track with Diane Sanfilippo and Liz Wolfe
- 21-Day Sugar Detox Certified Coach
- Blueprint for A Healthy Life with Lara Adler
Now, it is my mission to empower other women who are frustrated and still struggling. I realize that I have something to share with others who push themselves too hard, too far, too fast.
I specialize in:
- Addressing food sensitivities and intolerances
- Real food nutrition
- Overcoming sugar addiction
- Basic, Full and Specialty elimination diet protocols
- Digestive health
- Stress and lifestyle management
- Environmental toxins and reducing our toxic load
Through 1x1 mentorship and group coaching programs, I take a functional nutrition approach to help my clients find practical solutions to create and execute a health plan that meets their individual needs.
+ Your diet should be based on YOU, not dietary dogma. One way of eating does not define me. I take principles from many different dietary theories and figure out what foods energize me and what foods don't. You can too.
+ Your body sends you messages when it's out of balance; are you listening?
+ Simple diet and lifestyle changes can help almost everyone recover from almost anything. But simple doesn’t mean easy.
+ That given half a chance, your body will repair itself.
+ Self-care is a form of self-respect.
+ Nurturing relationships, effective communications, joy and fulfilling work are just as essential as food and exercise.
+ Work + life balance is relative, but work + health balance is non-negotiable.
If you’re been told by your doctor or health care practitioner that you need to make dietary and lifestyle changes, or if you’ve done your own research and know that change is needed, but you aren’t sure how to make it happen, I’m the coach to help you feel confident and at ease, not overwhelmed, and to guide and support you.
I’m not here to convince you that you need change, but if you’re an action-taker and you're eager and ready to find solutions and make forward progress, take action today. You deserve it; you don't have to do it alone.
10 Random Things to Know About Me
- I was born and raised on Moloka'i, a small island in Hawai’i.
- I’ve lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 19 years and can’t think of anywhere else I’d rather be!
- I've trained for nine marathons, completed four marathons and 20+ half-marathons. While I love many types of workouts, I’m currently loving Reformer Pilates and lifting heavy things.
- I'm a rescue fur mom to Coco Pop, who’s allegedly a Pomapoo (Pomeranian + Poodle), but I think she's a Schnoodle (Schnauzer + Poodle).
- I’m a recovering Type A perfectionist, an INTJ, Questioner and Mastermind.
- I'm a green smoothie addict - I have one every morning.
- I’m a huge (Bay Area) sports fan!
- I've never watched a Mel Gibson movie. No, not even Braveheart.
- But I do love biographies, cop shows and political dramas!
- I will never be that health coach doing yoga on the beach in a bikini.
Naomi Nakamura is a Certified Holistic Health Coach who takes a three-step approach to health, addressing food and nutrition, stress management and environmental toxins.
She works with smart, savvy women who suffer from chronic stress, fatigue and burnout, breakthrough their healthy blind spots and find practical solutions through natural healing with whole foods and lifestyle and environmental changes.
After years of working in Silicon Valley and intense marathon training, she experienced severe burnout. Looking for answers on how to repair her health, she attended the Institute of Integrated Nutrition and became a certified Holistic Health Coach, and continues to further her education in holistic nutrition and environmental toxins.
She is a 4x marathoner, avid Bay Area sports fan & loves her pup, Coco Pop!