12 Ways A Health Coach Could Have Helped Me
Hindsight is everything. Looking back at my story here are 12 ways that I could have benefitted from working with a health coach.
A health coach could have...
- Educated me that weight loss is about more than burning more calories than you take in. Because not all calories are equal.
- Helped me recognize the real effects of overtraining. And guided me on the importance of being fit but balanced.
- Taught me that so called "healthy" foods like Lean Cuisines are NOT healthy. And to eat real, unprocessed foods instead.
- Explained that diet is a factor in conditions like acne. And could have helped me figure out what my trigger foods were that brought it on.
- Helped me avoid years of taking antibiotics to treat acne. And explained how antibiotics can mess up our digestive systems.
- Explained the value of home-cooked meals versus always dining out.
- See that the mind-body connection is real. And that it is NOT a bunch a fluff.
- Guided me to know what foods I should eat that will help me heal from Adrenal Fatigue...
- And SIBO.
- Been the bridge to understanding doctors' orders and how to implement them in my day-to-day life.
- Helped me navigate around lots of misguided information, like fad diets.
- Held me accountable to follow through with the goals and commitments I had set for myself.
This list is why I became a certified health coach.
A year ago I joined a group program led by two health coaches. They helped me start to understand some of the items on this list. The experience was the catalyst for my enrolling in nutrition school.
And now I want to help you!
HI I'M NAOMI!
I’m a Certified Holistic Health Coach who helps people who suffer from fatigue and digestive distress learn how to eat real food and adopt clean living practices for better health energy, and endurance. Why feel tired when you can feel fired up and ready to go every single day?
I love running outdoors, connecting with like-minded people, and exploring the San Francisco Bay Area with my pup, Coco Pop.